The presidential election is in full swing! Find a speech (either by Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, Paul Ryan, or Joe Biden) that focuses on something you find interesting (education, the economy, the war in Afghanistan, etc., etc., etc.). Read the speech. Then, comment on this post and answer the following questions:
1) What was the URL of the speech?
2) Who was the speaker? Where was the speech given? What was the topic of the speech?
3) Summarize the speech-- what were the main points, what evidence did the speaker give to support his opinion, etc.?
4) What is your opinion about the speech? Do you agree with the speaker? Give evidence to support your opinion.
5) Do you think the speech was successful (was it convincing, truthful, etc.)? Give evidence from the text to support your opinion.
1) http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/05/news/la-pn-transcript-obama-campaign-kickoff-20120505
ReplyDelete2) The person who gave this speech is President Obama; the speech was given in Columbus, Ohio; the topic of the speech was to generally promote Obama’s policies for re-election.
3) There were many main points in this speech, the most prominent main point was that we need to reelect Obama , we need to reelect him because he would: continue to provide more jobs for Americans, continue to make it easy for more people to earn a college degree, continue to make taxes more fare and equal, and continue to make Americas stock markets and insurance companies more fare.
4) I think the speech was well laid out, I do agree with the speech, I think that it would be good to reelect Obama because as he said, he can continue to help more average Americans.
5) I think this speech was very successful; it was very convincing, and I feel it was very honest. One reason it was so convincing is because he constantly out him in our shoes and referred to us all as an United States of America.